We, at Tours on Spot understand the need of maintaining confidentiality of personal data and we treat all the information that you provide us with as confidential. Like every service operator, we too capture, process and use data as part of our service of offering tourist services online through internet and mobile applications. We consider protection of your personal data as a part of all the services we provide and thus the same is of prime importance to us.
The party responsible for data protection is Tours on Spot based in Mumbai, India (“Tours on Spot”or “we”) as well as those companies affiliated with Tours on Spot, to whom you have given the appropriate consent for the use of your personal data.
We reserve the right to adjust the content of this privacy statement from time to time. It is therefore advisable to periodically review this privacy statement.
1. General Information
We commit ourselves to observe the applicable data protection laws, in particular, the provisions of the Indian Information Technology Act 2000.
We collect, process and use your personal data only with your consent or when this processing or use is permissible by law. We only process or use the data which is required for using the site or the data which you provide to us. The information provided by customers during the ordering process such as their name, physical address, email address, mobile number and payment information is considered private, and Tours on Spot will not sell this personal information to third parties.
2. Processing and Using Your Data
a) We collect, process and use the personal data you provided to us when you registered for our membership area, to the extent required, for the following purposes:
Registration and Execution of the Contract
- Data that you provide when setting up an account, such as your name, email address, telephone number, mobile phone number, postal address and the information provided depending on the services used.
- We collect, process and use transaction data relating to your activities on the websites (such as purchases and content which you generate or associate with your account).
- Billing and other data which you specify for the purchase.
- Data which is transmitted as part of community discussions, reviews, chats and correspondence on the website or by email, fax or postal mail.
- Other personal data which we ask you for.
- If you voluntarily provide us with additional personal data during the registration pro-cess, this will also be used these to implement the conditions of use. All personal data collected during registration will be stored by us for as long as the user’s registration is active.
b) Additionally, we collect anonymous technical data, such as the name of your internet service provider, internet browser and operating system, screen resolution and information about the web-sites that directed you to us, the number and date of your visits, your average time on our site and which of our websites you visited. This data is stored automatically. The evaluation is done anonymously and exclusively for statistical purposes with the goal of continuing to improve our web presence for you.
3. Transfer of Personal Data
Tours on Spot will not share your personal data with third parties, unless you have previously given your express permission or unless the transmission is required or permissible by law. We will in particular not sell or otherwise market your data to third parties. Transfers of data to government institutions and authorities is done only within the scope of mandatory national legal requirements. Our employees and partners are obligated by us to maintain secrecy and to comply with legal da-ta protection regulations.
4. Cookies and Google Analytics
Tours on Spot uses the Google service Google Maps (“Google Maps API”) which provides you with more information. Certain data may be transmitted to Google when it is being used, but this is done anonymously.
5. Use of Data for Marketing Purposes / Consent
Based on your declaration of consent, Tours on Spot processes and uses your personal data when applicable for marketing activities, such as for sending emails with general information or advertising information (newsletters).
We wish to obtain the following declaration of consent from you:
I agree that, Tours on Spot will send me exciting travel tips, city guides and top offers by email. You may revoke this consent with Tours on Spot at any time without observing any form (for example, by telephone or by email).
You can revoke your declarations of consent with us with future effect at any time. Additionally, if we use your personal information as permissible by law, for example for marketing activities by mail, you may object to this use.
All that is necessary in both cases is to send an email to the following address [email protected] on Spot
6. About Data Collected From Mobile Applications or Devices
7. Data Collected From Other Sources
- When you download data, use our mobile applications or access one of our webpages optimized for mobile devices, we may, as described above in this declaration, collect information about you and your mobile device. This many include data about your location. We use this information to provide location-based services such as search results and other personalized content for you, if approved by you and your device. On most mobile devices, you can control or disable location services in the settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable location services on your device, we recommend that you contact your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device.
- If we collect additional personal data which is transmitted as a result of your use of our mobile applications or your accessing our website with a mobile device, we will obtain your express consent in advance.
We may collect additional information about you from third parties in order to supplement our ac-count information. This information may be, among other things, demographic and navigation data, credit check information and information from credit reporting agencies, to the extent legally permissible.
8. Data Storage
Your personal data will be stored for only as long as necessary for the purposes stated in this privacy statement or for as long as we are required by law or legally obligated to store this information.
9. Right of Access, Rectification, Deletion
You have the right at any time to receive information free of charge about your personal data stored with us. If your data is stored incorrectly or wrongly by us, we will gladly correct, block or delete it. Please inform us of any changes to your data immediately.